Each year, people spend a lot of money on health, beauty, and household products. Even worse, often these products are loaded with synthetic ingredients like parabens, phthalates, chemicals that are tested on animals , and a whole host of other additives that can cause skin irritation and additional health problems. Not to mention all the unnecessary plastic packaging that’s destroying our planet.
Happy Earth Habits upon TikTok reviewed popular eco-friendly alternatives to products most of us use every day so you know what’s worth buying!
@skysaba #ecofriendly #sustainable #sustainability #ecofriendlyproducts #granolagirl #zerowaste #lowwaste ♬ original sound – Happy Earth Habits
Detergents that are currently on the market contain petroleum, phthalates, phosphates, chlorine, optical brighteners, synthetic fragrances, plus dyes. They’re also packaged in plastic , which we want to avoid. Luckily, there are the variety of safe, natural, and environmentally friendly laundry detergents on the market these days. Dilutable laundry bars can make up in order to 125 loads of washing and is plastic-free, zero-waste, and made from natural ingredients!
Are you still using plastic dish brushes in your kitchen? If so, zero-waste brushes are the perfect solution for cleaning your pots and pans without harming the particular planet. They come in wood and bamboo versions, and won’t release microplastics into the environment.
Most store-bought mascaras still test on animals, contain harmful chemicals, and are packed in excessive amounts associated with plastic. If mascara will be your favorite makeup item and a person can’t live without it, try eco-friendly mascara! With options such as powder mascara, tint wimperntusche, and a plethora of zero-waste brands to choose from, you can still feel your own best without having sending even more plastic in order to landfills .
For more eco-friendly content, follow Delighted Earth Routines on TikTok
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster , the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save creatures and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our preferred vegan cookbooks .
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution plus supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are usually raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a larger chance in order to continue offering you along with high-quality articles. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, pets, and the particular planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, wellness, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter !
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save drinking water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics plus microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!